Change BPF stages in Dynamics 365 with no code
So far we have been trying to automate BPF auto stage movement using client side js or plugin.
But again Microsoft tried to make our life easier by introducing a new feature that supports Business Process Flows as an entity in the July 2017 Update for Dynamics 365. You can now work with each Business Process Flow as its own entity through dashboards, grids, and charts. This also means that you have the ability to interact with them through Dynamics 365 workflows
In this article, I am going to focus on how you can create a Workflow for the Business Process Flow entity record to change the Active Stage when a field on the Opportunity entity record is updated. Earlier this was only possible using client-side APIs or use of a plugin.
Scenario: We have a standard lead to opportunity BPF…
View original post 300 more words
Someone asked me this question which is frequently asked in interviews i.e. why plugins implemented iplugin i.e. an interface and custom workflow inherit codeactivity i.e. an abstract class?
The purpose of question is to know why codeactivty is an abstract class and not an interface like iplugin?
So to understand the answer we fist need to understand the difference b/w interface and an abstract class:
What is an Abstract Class?
An abstract class is a special kind of class that cannot be instantiated. So the question is why we need a class that cannot be instantiated? An abstract class is only to be sub-classed (inherited from). In other words, it only allows other classes to inherit from it but cannot be instantiated. The advantage is that it enforces certain hierarchies for all the subclasses. In simple words, it is a kind of contract that forces all the subclasses to carry…
View original post 300 more words
The new model-driven form designer (Preview) has some nice features added to it like
- Searching for fields in the form
- Tree View showing visual hierarchy of the controls for quick view and navigation inside the form.
The icon also makes it easy to identify the data type of the field.
- We can also check and configure how the UI would render for different type of client application
- Property Pane for the type of control selected which allows us to quickly update the properties unlike selecting the field and then clicking on Change Properties which will open the dialog box.
Few things that we could not found are
- Ability to select and position fields and sections.
- Sub Grid control are not available on the form for configuration.
- No Header.
- Footer is available but we cannot add fields to it.
- No Business Rules or Form Properties dialog box.
- No Enable Security Roles…
View original post 40 more words
And now i will use the same example, which i used in my earlier article mentioned in the above link and retrieve multiple Account records using FetchXML query.
Announcements in Dynamics CRM are used to broadcast the important news to all the system users in an Organization.
In one of my recent project, there was a requirement to disable/remove export button from report viewer (Only for certain set of users).
To achieve this, we had to remove below two permissions from all roles assigned to those users. You can remove one or both the permission to match your need.
- Export to Excel (to remove download option from report viewer)
- Print (to remove print option from report viewer)
Before removing permissions
After removing permissions